Monday, January 28, 2013

'AllowUnsafeUpdates' property on Central Administration



Sometime we got the error on Central administration >> general settings like this:

Updates are currently disallowed on GET requests.  To allow updates on a GET, set the 'AllowUnsafeUpdates' property on SPWeb.


Solution-:run this command on Microsoft sharepoint 2010 products (sharepoint 2010 management shell)

$w = get-spwebapplication http://mossapp:1000 <<your url>>
$w.HttpThrottleSettings
$w.Update()

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slow Browsing in windows explore for sharepoint library

Having lots of documents and folders in a single sharepoint library which are constantly assessing and updating is tough task to maintain. although sharepoint had provided option called "Open with Explore". but library access becomes too slow when we access with explore view.
 While using Windows 7 and browsing through various folders in SharePoint with Windows Explorer, everything was loading at a sickeningly slow pace. Super, extremely, very slow.

Solution which made explore view faster by changing some settings in Internet Explorer. You need to make sure you make these changes in IE regardless of whichever other browser you may use, as it is heavily integrated with Windows Explorer.

Open IE, go to 'Tools', and then choose 'Internet Options'. Go to the 'Connections' tab, and then click the 'LAN settings' button (it's right near the bottom). Uncheck the box next to 'Automatically detect settings'. Click 'OK' twice and you're all set.





 



















I hope that this helps out some of you out there who have been experiencing the same frustration as me!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Infopath: An error occurred querying a data source. 7893



I got below error on any of the infopath form used in any of the webapplication on sharepoint farm. Behavior of this error was quite confusing as sometime infopath form works and sometime it gives error.

Warning
An error occurred querying a data source.
Click OK to resume filling out the form. You may want to check your form data for errors.
Hide error details

An error occurred querying a data source.

An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
Log ID:7893
Correlation ID:473c9412-XXXX-4dd7-xxxx-1f497707bd44


 After spending hours and hours of research even i was not able to solve issue. At last i tried below steps and whola it worked. infopath 7893 error solved.

Steps:

1) I change the User profile service running application pool identity to someone who had access in the user profile service sharing.
Following are the steps..

Go to application server (in case of 3-tier architecture) or on server where userprofile service is running.
Go to IIS >> Applicaiton pools >> Sharepoint web services Root >> Advance settings


 In advance settings change Identity to domain user. Recycle the pool in order to apply change.






































2) Make sure the account has accessed in user profile service sharing.
 Go to central admin >> Manage service applications >> User Profile Service Application





































This will resolve issue in most of cases. if incase issue is not resolve, please check below solution:

3) Increased the Data connection Timeouts in Configure Infopath  Services

Go to Central Admin >> General Application Settings >> InfoPath Forms Services >> Configure InfoPath Forms Services.    Now increase data connection timeout.


4)  created a wakeup script to target http://rootsite/_vti_bin/UserProfileService.asmx

you can find IIS Warmup scripts here: http://spwakeup.codeplex.com

This four steps will solve the issue permanently.
Hope this helps!!

Regards,
Viral Shah

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SharePoint 2010: Errors while creating AD Sync connection on User Profile Service Application

In this blog we are going to see few common errors which we encounter while creating an AD Sync Connection in User Profile Service Application (UPA) and possible fix

Errors:"Unable to process create message" and "Unable to process put message"
Possible Fix:
  1. Stop UPSS (User Profile Sync Service)
  2. Make the following change on the App SharePoint Server
  3. Click Start --> Run --> GPEdit.msc \ Computer Configuration \ Windows \ Security Settings \ Local policies \ Security Options \ "Network security: LDAP client signing requirements", set the parameter value on "None"
         (by default it will set to 'Negotiate Signing', details can be found on 'Explain' tab)
  4. Run "gpupdate /force" without quotes on command prompt
  5. Restart UPSS

And now you should be able to create the AD Sync connection successfully.

Error: "MOSS MA not found"
Possible fix: There could be many reasons on why this can come and this can be tricky to fix, in most of cases I usually try the following to fix this error:

  1. Stop UPSS
  2. Go to 'Manage Service Applications' page, select the User Profile Service Application and click 'Permissions' in the ribbon
  3. If you see the Farm Admin or the Service Account in here, remove and re-add with Full Control
  4. Once saved, now select 'Administrators' in the ribbon and do the same
  5. Restart UPSS, you should ideally be able to create a new AD Sync connection successfully.

This plan might sound silly, however this has helped me fix many of the cases!

Enjoy SharePointing!

Total Pageviews